Monday, July 17, 2017

He Did Not Hurt My Feelings

A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally.

Oscar Wilde

I am on an errand and of course it would be one of those times when you are behind your own self-imposed schedule.  Not one for a client, or parent, or sibling, those I take a more relaxed view of. This was for me to get done now, so I could tend to a very selfish need. 

Since I was rushing myself I chose not to care in my dressing. Who would see me? Rush in and rush out. Look at no one. I could do this.

I made it in. I made it out…

Out of the door and there, in front of me something I just had to take a photo of.  A vehicle from my high school sporting a very bold logo other than the familiar Logo I was so enamored of. I am snapping away without realizing that there is someone in the vehicle who is now on their phone staring at me.  A lady passing by asks of the vehicle had been driving recklessly and that is why I am taking photos. She sounded eager as though she wanted to jump on my angry band wagon. I told her no and she shrugged as she wandered inside.  The panicky woman in the vehicle gets out and asks if she has cut me off or done something. I smile and assure her that no, I had attended the High School.  She relaxed and asked if I wanted her to take a photo of me with the logo. Sure I said to her still trying to ease her fears and knowing I would edit myself out later. She snaps one and just as she is about to hand the camera back I ask her to take a couple more just in case.

I pose and as I am asking if I look fat Oscar Wilde who happened to stride by slams to a halt, and looks at me.  I point to him and say “You say nothing!” and pointing to the woman I say “and you take the photo.”  Oscar grins and says “No my Luv not at all do you appear to be fat.” I point at him and declare “I shall not Marry you!”  He winks and goes through the door into the building.  Handing my camera back she bursts into a fit of giggles.  

Thank you and Good Day.

I smiled for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment