Wednesday, July 19, 2017

He Took My Buggy

Having learned my lesson from the other day I dressed with more care at 6:30 in the morning in case I did have a chance encounter.
I made my way through the jungle of a grocery store searching for anything that I may want to eat later in the day.  I was not hungry and none of the fresh fruits or brilliantly colored vegetables tempted me.  I made another circle through the entire store settling on food for my cat and a quick breakfast sandwich I could grab on my way to my early 2 mile hike the next morning and salad fixings.

I paid and pushed my buggy out to the nearly deserted parking lot.

But it was not so deserted. Oscar Wilde had come out shortly after me and was advancing across the parking lot. He looked over and greeted me with a cheery “Good Morning!” which I returned.  He loaded his car as I loaded mine. I was pushing the grocery buggy over to the “bar” as my daughter calls them so it could converse with the other buggies when Oscar steps out with hand extended to take control of my buggy and save me the walk. I thanked him and he gave me a slight head nod and says “Yes Ma’am’. 


Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.
Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment